Friday, November 9, 2007

My apartment

I live in a retirement home! For those of you from my previous work, Classic Care, you might have some idea of what that is like! Its owned by the Ministry of Health and they have lodged me there. But, I like it, and the reality is that I am living much more safely and comfortably than almost anyone else I work with. The senior citizens are generally nice and friendly, though they each talk badly about each other to me, and I am trying to stay out of it! I have a kitchen, bathroom (with shower and toilet), bedroom and sitting room. All in all, not bad. Its not the epitome of modernity or cleanliness, but it is definitely good enough so far. It also has a 24 hr guard, so I'm hoping that provides some measure of safety. My furniture is minimal, but adequate and I can't believe that I needed so many things back in Canada!

1 comment:

Persephone said...

Watch out for those seniors, don't let them drag you into their daytime dramas, lol, just kidding...it'll be like the African version of Coronation St. or maybe the Golden Girls :P You're a good moderator/referee so I'm sure you'll manage fine.