Monday, May 26, 2008

The Shadow of the Sun

ok,
So, I almost never recommend books, but I just fell in love with this book. Its a polish journalist's stories about his travels in Africa, and I love it because he UNDERSTANDS africa. He knows what its like to live here. And, if you are AT ALL interested in Africa, or in understanding what it is like for me to live here (though I would consider Namibia only 70% African really), then read this book! Heck, forget this blog, just read this book, and it will help you understand an entire continent a little bit more.

"The Shadow of the Sun - my african life"
by Ryszard Kapuscinski

1 comment:

Persephone said...

I'm gonna go get it today! GDot, you need to write a book too (or turn this blog into a book) kinda like what Carrie did with her columns in SATC! That would be cool!