Sunday, May 4, 2008

Etosha National Park

Was one of the most vast, peaceful and beautiful places I've ever visited. We were told to NEVER get out of the car (since lions have been known to attack unsuspecting tourists) except in fenced-off areas around the lodges. Saw soo many animals, many were only 1 or 2 metres away! Surprisingly, it was really hard to not get out of the car and pet the animals, even the lions! It felt like a discovery channel episode as we watched the lions scare all the animals away from the watering hole so they could have a drink too.

See pictures at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14582322@N06/

Ghada

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really great pictures! I love looking through the entire album. It's amazing to see the difference from urban areas to desert to beach. I hadn't realized that there was such a difference in a relatively small area.

Persephone said...

Wow, amaaaazing! The REAL "African Lion Safari" (singing voice)
hehe!