Just an update on the last few weeks:
The weather has now turned COLD. I think my body has adjusted to the warm African climate, because it always feels cold. I was wearing 3 layers, plus a sweater in the pharmacy, and when I checked the thermometer, it was only 20C. Room temperature in
Anyway, last week-end went up north (above the redline, where only blacks used to live, and mostly still do) to Rundu. It is in the Kavango region (where the Kavango tribe predominantly lives) and consisted of a dusty sprawl of traditional grass huts and cheap cement housing. My first stop was Rundu beach. Just a tiny strip of sand and a filthy river separated me from
The next day we camped at Ngepi park, by the river, where we ere lulled to sleep by the sound of hippos bellowing below. It was a great campsite, with toilets and showers overlooking the river. Unfortunately, you had to be on the look-out for boats traveling down the river, or the passengers might see something more interesting than a naked hippo :)
Have also been partying hard in Outjo. Its surprising, but living in a small (African) town has its advantages. Parties or get-togethers are rarely planned, and its easy to organize because there’s nothing else to do here but visit people. So, everyone has to be prepared to have guests over. Speaking of which, I have to go to a braai (barbecue) now.
Ciao,
Ghada
p.s. see pics, uh, whenever I post them, at http://www.flickr.com/photos/14582322@N06/
2 comments:
Umm hello! What about INSULIN, the Blackberry and, um, Labatt BEER! Those are some top notch Canadian inventions...I'm sure there's way more, but those are the only important ones :P
Hope you have fun at the BBQ and we touch base soon. Love the photos :)
Love the photos, the captions are a good addition and tell a story. Seems like you're having a ball. Very happy for you.
big bro
Post a Comment